Monday, June 20, 2011

Starbucks - Oatmeal and an Iced Tea

Okay here are some good reasons why I should eat more oatmeal.
  1) I actually like it!
  2) It helps lower cholestrol
  3) I need more grains and fiber in my diet
  4) It is complimented well by fruit (another source of fiber)

On that note - I did not have time to prepare my own so I did get the Starbucks reindition of oatmeal. The oatmeal itself is not so bad, but fruit and nuts add like 200 calories. Note to self... if I am going to be lazy and get Starbucks oatmeal, I should have my own fruit and lower fat items to put in the oatmeal.

On a non-obsessed about health day I would prefer the vegtable breakfast sandwhich. But let's compare the two:


 Oatmeal - 140 calories,2.5fat (g), 25carb (g), 4fiber (g), 5 protein (g)
    Nut - 100 calories,9fat (g), 2carb (g), <1fiber (g), 2 protein (g)


    Fruit - 100 calories,0fat (g), 24carb (g), 2fiber (g), <1 protein (g)
 Total - 340 calories, 11.5 fat (g), 51 carb (g), ~6 fiber (g), ~7 protein (g)
Vs.
Veggie Breakfast Sandwhich - 350 calories,18fat (g), 31carb (g), 2fiber (g), 17 protein (g)


On another note, I decided to swop out my traditional fat free mocha for a  passion fruit iced tea:
Caffe Mocha - 170 calories, 2 fat (g), 32 carb (g), <1 fiber (g), 10 protein (g)

 Passion Fruit Iced Tea - 0 calories, 0 fat (g), 0 carb (g), 0 fiber (g), 0 protein (g)
    *though I could not find information on the simple syrup

I have enjoyed that sandwhich many a morning and well its time to enjoy a new substative treat when I go to Starbucks. I will allow myself the occassional splurge, but I must post it here to keep myself honest.

Lunch is out again at Stanford's - going to do the blacked salmon sandwhich.
Dinner is at my work Town Hall - greek themed.

No comments:

Post a Comment